Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bacon is good for me.

Well everyone,

Last week, I celebrated a few exciting milestones (since they’re few and far between nowadays) in my almost 24 year old life…

It’s been about a year now since I graduated from Clemson, found the best first job a girl could ask for (a couple days shy of graduation, I might add), moved back to Georgia, and last but not least, joined the GLUTEN-FREE ranks!

BBDO Anniversary balloons!
That’s right, it’s been a grand year, and I couldn’t be more pleased with the transitions. Admittedly, change is not one of my favorite things. More than a few times this year, I missed college (and all of the great things and people I left there), and brownies, and NOT having so many bills, and beer and pizza. And my long hair. 

With all of that being said, I love my new, grown-up life. I feel super settled in my gluten-free city life, and I’m excited to start year two!
City girls
 A year ago, I was struggling to understand why I couldn’t stomach some of the most basic staples in everyone else’s diets. Read more about my pre-GF life here. I felt like this:

After making the decision to live and be gluten-free, I’m still 100% satisfied with my decision, and I’m never going back. And I’ve gotten pretty damn good at it! I know how to order at restaurants, and with Chris by my side, I kinda know how to cook (in an easy, cop-out way, of course).

Today I thought I’d share one of our absolute FAVORITE Pinterest finds that we literally use all the time.

If you know anything about us, you know that we love breakfast food. If you know anything about Chris, you know how much she especially loves bacon. Almost as much as this kid:

We both enjoy our bacon crispy, but we do NOT enjoy the messy, greasy skillet process. Luckily, we ran across this pin, straight from good ol’ Martha Stewart. We tweaked it a little, but to each her own. We made it at Whitney’s the other day for lady brunch. We’re awesome.

How we make the best bacon you’ll ever have:
Preheat the oven to 350°

Line a cookie sheet with foil
Place as much bacon on the pan as desired, making a single layer. *


Bake for 20ish minutes, or until it reaches the right crispiness.


*We like center-cut bacon for less fat (when it’s on sale)

Seriously, this is our favorite FAVORITE Pinterest find. What did people do before such a great website?

While bacon may not be the healthiest of options, we get it as a treat when the good stuff is on sale. It’s fine. In the words of Curtis, "BACON IS GOOD FOR ME".

2 comments: