Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ode to Chick fil a

Yep, I'm in the advertising business.

We had dinner with our sweet friends, The Murphy’s, last night (Pinterest taco shells with all the fixin’s, YUM), so we didn’t have any leftovers for lunch today. That meant I could try Chick-fil-a’s new GRILLED chicken nuggets! Yep, gluten-free!

Chris told me about the new menu item last week, and they’ve been on my mind ever since. In my pre-GF days, Chick-fil-a was definitely my favorite fast food spot. Everyone loves Chick-fil-a Chicken biscuits and sandwiches, and of course, the waffle fries, and I was/am no exception. There’s not one very close to our house, so I’m usually not terribly tempted. Being gluten-free makes fast food a little tricky since everything is fried (breading is a no-no) or has a bun. So when I do venture to fast food these days, I get salads usually (and fries if they’re GF).

Nothing can replace the satisfaction of a Chick-fil-a combo #5…until now! When I got to work this morning, I already had lunch on the brain and went straight to the website to see if the rumors were true. AND Chick-fil-a’s website has a great page detailing their GF options. So, by 9:30am, I knew I wanted grilled nuggets, fries, and ice cream. (Yep, not very healthy today, sue me). Let me tell you, after MONTHS of no Chick-fil-a, it was so so so worth it. The nuggets were great with Barbecue sauce.

Are you hungry yet?

It seems like the grilled nuggets came about initially for the kid's meals, but you can replace the fried ones for the grilled nuggets on the regular menu, too. I think it's great that Chick-fil-a offers such healthy alternatives for kids and adults alike. You go, Truett Cathy!

So thank you, Chick-fil-a, for indirectly catering to your gluten-free friends and making my Wednesday! I'm going to eat my ice cream now.

No comments:

Post a Comment