Friday, May 11, 2012

Smile and say Cheesy Corn Quinoa!

 Hello again! 

So the last time I guest blogged, I was cooking up some delicious Preacher’s Wife Pot Roast

So much has changed since then...






BIG NEWS: I GRADUATED FROM GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY’S ANDREW YOUNG SCHOOL OF POLICY STUIDES WITH MY MSW.   


The day after that we had a graduation jubilee for myself and our NEW room mate J-Fal. Remember his haircut? He graduated from GSU with a bachelor’s in Psychology. 
I’m so proud of him. He has worked so hard to accomplish this. I couldn’t think of anyone who I’d rather share my Jubliee with. (Since the Royal family is out and about supporting and celebrating the Queen’s jubilee, I think we have our very own Dutchess Kate and Prince Harry on our hands here!) 

NOT gluten-free. :)
As for planning the party, J-Fal’s momma, Ms. Peggy, and Katy, did so much work to make this jubilee fun for all. They made delicious summer time drinks and wonderful snacks. I’m so grateful for all of their hard work. So many thanks to so many wonderful people in my life.

I realized when thinking about who we invited that I had a wonderful gluten free roommate (Katy) and some fabulous vegetarian friends coming to the party! I found some great ideas on Pinterest, but decided to use this recipe as my base and make it my own.

I decided to add some corn, because Katy and I are big corn lovers. Corn seems like such a summer food. Since I have graduated, I hope that I have more time to experiment with gluten free recipes that Katy can share with you all.

Cheesy Quinoa and Corn 

Ingredients:

·      3 Cups of Quinoa
·      2 15 oz Cans of Corn
·      2 cloves of garlic
·      4 large eggs
·      2 cups of milk (I like skim)
·      3 cups of shredded cheese

Directions:

Cook the quinoa (use the directions on the packaging) .


While the quinoa cooks, add four large eggs and the milk into a mixing bowl. Wisk them together. 


When the quinoa is done, add it to the egg and milk mixture, then wisk together.

Add in 2 ½ cups of cheese and mix!
Add in the corn and mix it up!
Add the mixture into a 9x13 pan that has some no-stick spray on it
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (until the cheese on top is cooked!)

Enjoy a dish that is fit for vegetarians and gluten free pals. This side dish disappeared quickly at the jubilee. A big thanks to Katy for letting me guest blog again! Also a big thanks to everyone who has supported me so much in finishing graduate school. I’m so thankful for you all. 

Until next time, CRW MSW 

No comments:

Post a Comment